Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing email adresses in exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryWK

Technical User
May 15, 2002
GB
I am running an Exchange 5.5 server sp4 and have about 30 mailboxes. We will shortly be changing our email address and internet provider and I would appreciate some advice on how to re-configure the exchange server mailboxes to reflect the new email address. What effect will changing a mailbox's email address format have on the information store? I have changed the email address of an old mailbox that is no longer in use and it can access the info store but I would like to know if there are any issues that may come up.

Thanks

Terry

add the new domain name on the Routing Tab of the IMS as "inbound". Changing SMTP addresses will have no effect on the IS, and you can automate this for all recipients by going to the Site Addressing Container (under Configuration) and changing the default SMTP properties. Of course, your ISP will need to set up your domain info on their servers as well...hopefully we don't need to get into that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back