Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing DRAC IP on Pe2850

Status
Not open for further replies.

fs483

Technical User
Jul 7, 2002
CA
Hello,

Is there any way to change the IP of the DRAC card without being at console on the server ? Within the OMSA, I'm able to change the BMC IP but not that of the DRAC. I'm currently logged in from RDP and the server is half way around the world.

thanks
akwong

You should be able to change it by connecting directly to the DRAC's web server. It's on the configuration page (at least on my DRAC4 on a PE1800).

Unfortunately I'm not able to connect to the DRAC's web server because it was configured on a different subnet. That's why I wanted to see if it can be changed within the OMSA.

Do you know what subnet it was configured on? If the DRAC is physically connected to the same switch - you could assign a secondary IP address to the server that matches the subnet of the DRAC. At that point you should be able to hit the DRAC UI from a remote session on the server.

Mike

Naw no need. Had the problem fixed on my 5 servers from the onsite junior tech. Everything is ok now. I actually have a problem installing the OMSA software on 2 of the servers. The installation crashes. At least I can access the servers through the DRAC now. I have the Atlantic Ocean that's separating me and those servers. The DRAC already helped me twice. First time, I discovered the patch cord on the regular nic was defective and the second time the junior tech forgot a diskette in the drive preventing the bootup onto HD. I love the DRAC and ILO. Wish I had ordered those on my Intel servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back