Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing DOS Screen Field Size 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IForgot

Programmer
Mar 20, 2002
US
Here's a VERY moldy, oldy question. One for which I used to know the answer, but it has been too long since then. I have done a Keyword Search and not found the answer and, if Foxpro 2.6 for DOS's Help screen has it at all, I can't find it.

I know that there is a key stroke sequence that will enable the user to dynamically, on-screen change a screen field size within the FPD Screen Designer.

As I recall it involved highlighting the desired field and then hitting the forgotten keystroke sequence and the field could then be manually "dragged" to a new size. I also think that it used to have something to do with the Spacebar.

If anyone can remind me of that keystroke sequence, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
I_Forgot

Put the cursor on the object you want to resize. Press CTRL+SPACEBAR, then use arrows to resize. Press ENTER.

Surprisingly enough I tried the CTRL+SPACEBAR combination after selecting the desired field, and it did not work. The system "beeped" at me and did nothing more. No flashing field name, no arrow key resize capability, nothing.

Maybe it has something to do with running FPD from Win 2K Pro.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd appreciate your letting me know. Until then I guess that I'll keep hunting around.

Thanks,
I_Forgot

I just tried it using Win 2K Pro. It works. After using the cursor arrows to move to the desired field, don't press the spacebar to select it. It will act as you described. Press <Ctrl>+<Space> to select, then right or left arrow to size. Or, use <Ctrl><Left Mouse> to click and drag to new size. Make sure you don't have 'Quick Edit' mode turned on by left clicking on your title bar, select properties, and uncheck Quick edit.
Dave S.

Dave,
Good memory. I just tried it in XP Pro (SP1) and it works there too. The key is indeed making sure you hold Ctrl before the spacebar - on my system it gives a nice cyan color rather than the standard red when selected with just the spacebar.

Rick

Nothing to do with memory :) - I had to run it and tinker a little. I still, for some reason (probably just to answer questions in this forum), have FPD layng around.
Dave S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back