Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Domain in Win 2000 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpnetsystech

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2002
US
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the domain by modifying the registry? Or if this is even possible? I changed my network settings to workgroup and now I need Administrator priv. to re-join the Domain I was in.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You.

-wayne

I don't think this is possible via a reg tweak. At some point during the process, you need to authenticate to the domain you want to join. You may be able to find a key that holds the info about the domain you are a part of, but the server has to give permission for your PC to join.
BTW, I could be wrong, but don't think you need admin rights to join a domain, just a valid user/pass for an account on that domain.

To join a domain you need the username and password of a valid Domain Admin Account ... so its time to call your sysadmin and beg to be added back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back