Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing DNs and mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrowingInNortel

Technical User
Mar 25, 2019
CA
Someone is moving offices, but their current phone cable is damaged and not working, so I can't simply change the physical location of their phone with Set Relocation On.

I can change the DN in the new office to the old extension, but it doesn't seem to be changing the mailbox number (i.e. internally the extension has changed, but if I call from an outside line the same extension is still leading to the old phone)- any ideas? I'm using Callpilot 150.

You should be posting in the Norstar forum since your issues are not with the Callpilot voice mail system
I am assuming you want the person to retain the same DN/Programming????

"so I can't simply change the physical location of their phone with Set Relocation On."
When Set Relocation is ON you can move the phone to another working jack and they will retain their DN/programming.

In some case you need to move the jumper wires when Set Relocation is OFF for a reason.

Mailboxes are tied to the DN.
If the person is to have a new DN then delete the mailbox and recreate a new one.

Best to call in a tech maybe?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for the advice curlycord, my colleague is just going to get a different extension as I can't quite seem to figure things out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back