Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing default number of copies to print

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencern

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
US
Hi,
I'm investigating the purchase of a thermal label printer to use with an access app to print labels. Every time a label is printed, there needs to be 3-5 copies of the label. I'm thinking that the best way to print would be to setup a report with a single label in access and then change the number of copies in the print dialog. Is there anyway for access to set the default number of copies so I won't have to change it every time I print? Or does anyone have a better idea of how I could do this?

Thanks for the help,
Spencer

Hi

Whi not on the the form from which you invoke the label print, have a textbox control (txtNoCopies), with default value 3 (say)

The in the command button which runs the report (label)

Dim i as Integer

For i = 1 to txtNoCopies
docmd.openreport ...etc as now
next i

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

I would create a table "tblNumbers" with a single numeric field "Num" and add values 1 - n (highest number required). Then add this table to your reports record source and place the Num field in the query grid. Set the criteria under the Num field to:
<=[Number to Print]
This should allow you to print multiple copies in one report.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Thanks I'll take a look at the database and see which solution I can fit into it.
Thanks again,
Spencer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back