Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing default for "find"

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredk

Technical User
Jul 26, 2001
US
Hi - I have been searching help and looking in the previous posts but have not resolved my problem yet.

I am trying to have the "match" portion of the find function changed to "any part of the field"

I was searching the help for info on "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFind" but cannot find information so I understand?

Thanks for any and all help!!!

Fred

DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 10, ,acMenuVer70
SendKeys "%ha%n", False

That's what I do. Literally sending keystrokes to change it. Use it in all of my apps.. you might think it would be unreliable, but it isn't - works great!

For a detailed explanation, search MS knowledge base for article: KB120912

good luck!

Thanks Mork - The only thing that I am worried about is from reading "help" it seems that the domenuitem is being replaced with runcommand - It seems this changed in access 97 but both can be used in access 97 - I am going to be switching to access 2000 in the near future and if I will not be able to use the domenuitem when I convert I want to use runcommand.

Any thoughts on that ?

Thanks!!!

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back