Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Data Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

robreports

Technical User
Feb 10, 2010
US
I am using Crystal Reports XI and I am trying to change the datasource in a (copied)new report using "Database Expert" to change the data source from the old sql server view to a new different view in a different database completely but residing on the same server.I also tried using the "Set Database Location" feature but with no better outcome.As soon as I try to run (preview)the report, many formula errors appear and I have to manually change (type) the view name portion to the new view for dozens of formulas.And when I get that done, many fields are not showing anymore in the design mode of report.Do I really have to create these reports almost from scratch again just because I want to use a new sql view for the datasource?Even the grouping appears different.Will compare Record Selection Formula next.Please help.Thank you.

In datasource

Highlight the view you want to change

In lower window open connection to new view and highlight

Click Update

If the new view has different field names a mapping window will open and you manually map the fields.

If names the same then job done.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back