Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing CPMGR to standalone server

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpyone60

Technical User
May 31, 2005
US
I want to move CP Mgr to a stand alone server so that I can access Reporter. Is there a step by step document for this that I am unable to find??? If so, where in the docs could I find this??? I have CPMgr and Reporter loaded on the server, just need to know what is necessary to change from the CP server to this new server???

Thanks,

Not sure what you mean?

If you have IIS WebServer installed on the Server where you have CP Manager and Reporter, you should be able to access it from any client. e.g.

If I am at my desk top I can access the CPserver fine through the web browser. When I connect to the new server through my web browser it comes up with the CPMGR window, but then trying to log in to the Call Pilot manager, I put in my mailbox and password, and the IP address for the CPserver it gives me this error back...

Failed to authenticate the account. Check your information and try again.

So I am thinking I need to let the server know where the CPMGR and reporter are located, is this correct or am I reading something wrong?

On the CPMGR login screen...enter your mailbox, password and IP address of the Callpilot server...not the IP of the cpmgr server.

I have the same problem...and actually been using the proper IP which is the one from the Callpilot server
Any suggestions?

Anybody find a solution to this problem? I'm having the exact problem and can't spend any more time troubleshooting. Nortel doesn't offer much help either. Thanks!

I recently did the same thing and was able to connect no problem. Check the security settings. If you have SSL enabled on the Call Pilot and not on the manager that may be the issue. The other thing I found out is on one of our Call Pilots we were connecting to the ELAN address to run manager. When we put the new dedicated server in the VLAN the server was in couldn't communicate with our ELAN VLAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back