Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveHigh

Technical User
Jan 17, 2007
GB
Hello

I have a tiny image of a red arrow on a black background.

Which is the best way, please, of changing the black background to a dark grey colour (3c3c3c) without it having any impact on the red of the arrow itself, and then changing the red to a purple without it affecting my new, grey background?

Thank you in anticipation.

Steve

There is more ways to do this.
Quick one would be: click - image, choose - adjustments, choose - selective colours, then you pick wich dominant color you need (this case red or black) and reduce or increase levels of C, M Y or K in order to get needed.
Long one: if you need to get exact color (3C3C3C) then you need to separate arrow from background (create new layer from selection) the arrow is at this point separate object and you can now do as you wish.
Take care

senja

Hello Senja

Thank you for your message.

I chose the longer route and cut out the arrow. Then I recoloured the background using fill (3c3c3c) and worked on the arrow separately.

One difficulty with this method is that when the arrow is pasted back in, it does not fall into its original place. But I think I have sorted it out.

Thanks again for your post.

Cheers

Steve

Click the black with the magic wand. It should select all the black. Pour a new color with the paint bucket. Repeat for the arrow.

Hi

Kiddpete is right don't over complicate it.
Usually the simplest way is the best.

Mike

Hello

Thank you for your replies. I'll try the magic wand and post back!

Many thanks.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back