Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Colors when using Brush Libraries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjgrayson

Technical User
Jun 1, 2004
US
I'm using Illustrator CS 1, PC.

I applied a custom border brush and a text separator brush effect to lines from choices in the brush libraries.

While I like the effect, I am unable to change the color of the effects (I want to either make them black, or apply one of the spot colors I'm already using). How do I change them? Even if I turn it to black?

Thanks in advance,

W!

W:

Check out this little box thingie, you can make the brushes behave according to the set stroke color.

brush.jpg

HTH

Bert

Bert Philippus -

P.S. Just to add to Bert: Assign your Stroke the color that you want the Methods Tints, Tints and Shades, and/or Hue Shift before going into the Art Brush - to do that (go into Art Brush) double click on the Brush of your choice in your Brushes Pallete as opposed to the Border_Brush Pallete. :)

InDesign CS, Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS, Acrobat 7
Windows XP & MAC OS X (Yes I Use Both, Not at the Same Time)

;) thems fightin words.

I was just filling in the blanks - for all those un-seasoned users.

Like a sidekick.

-Lil' Buddy

InDesign CS, Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS, Acrobat 7
Windows XP & MAC OS X (Yes I Use Both, Not at the Same Time)

Thanks.

I frequently leave little holes in my explanations to stimulate users to use their imaginations... Allthough in this case, I was in a bit of a hurry and kinda left out some details.

Bert

Bert Philippus -

Thanks, guys (or gals). This site rocks. I got just the answer I needed!

W!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back