Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing color of record (not control) on continuous form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnerk200

Programmer
Mar 9, 2004
AU
Hello,
I am not sure if this is possible in Access - hopefully somebody out there can help. At the moment I have a single form which searches for a record, then performs a calculation on the information in that record and changes the back colour of each control accordingly, ie. assigns a status of 'Red', 'Green' or 'Amber'. What I would like to do is have my form be continuous - so it displays multiple records and there appropriate colour. I have tried using the "msflexgrid" control but my version of Access (2000) wont allow me to use this control - is there another way.
Thank you for any responses.
kt

You should be able to use conditional formatting to solve your problem if using A2K.

But, here is a site with a free download for a colors demonstration of how to do exactly what you want without having to use very much code at all. Basically transparent controls on your continuous form with a solid color that is made visible or invisible behind them depending upon a selection or calculated value on the form.

[
Click on the image to get the A97 version or the links to the other versions.

Good luck.

Bob Scriver
[blue]Want the best answers? See FAQ181-2886[/blue]

Thanks Bob, that was a great help, managed to get it working with conditional formatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back