Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Color Channels or subbing in colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBlunt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2001
Hey everybody,

We're doing a pretty complicated 2 color job here, with lots of half-tones and line-art. We'll be doing the job with color seperations, using only the black and magenta plate. However, once we ship it to the printer, these plates will be different colors. The Magenta plate is going to be a 192 Red and the black plate is going to be 280 (Index) Blue. Now, is there any way to replicate this using Corel Draw 10, Sp2? We would like to do our own match prints and color keys, essentially. Is there any way to get the Magenta channel to convert to a 193 Red, and convert the Black channel to a 280 Blue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

Try Edit-Find and replace-Replace objects-Replace colour, I think it should be plain saling from there, remember to do this for outlines as well. I have to say that although fairly stable in W2000 this function nearly always crashed my W98 machine

If you do your drawing in spot colors, each spot color will separate to its own plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back