Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Class of Service and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorstarOption

Technical User
Apr 4, 2002
US
I need help on changing the class of service in a Option 11 switch. I need to enable handsfree and forward no answer on one extension. We're also adding bank of 100 DID's on our existing T-1 ranging from 7800-7899. I need to know how program this so it would route to right extensions. My new extensions are 800 and so on. I'm new to the system and I don't which load and steps should I use.

Hi there,

1. To enable handsfree:
On the individual TN, put CLS HFA

2. Forward no Answer
On the individual TN
a. CLS FNA CFXA (allows internal and external calls to be forwarded to an intended number)
b. FDN XXX (the number it will go to)

3. Are you saying that you are currently under a 3-digit number? If so then you have to do this:
a. LD 49
Create an IDC table to allow 78xx to 8xx
Example:
IDGT 7800
7800 800

I am not sure whether you can do it once eg 78 -> 8 and automatically all the incoming with prefix 78xx will be changed to 8xx. You can try and maybe tell me later.

b. LD 16 (RDB)
Allows the idc table created above to be used on the affected route
IDC YES
DCNO - the IDC table number
NDNO - same as above

Good luck

MH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back