Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Chart Legend 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charliy

Programmer
Aug 12, 2008
US
Crystal 11
Seems like this should be easy, but I don't see an option anywhere.

I have a line graph showing two data elements over time. Everything is fine except the legend which label the two lines as:
Sum of @ctfall
and
Su of @ctinj

I want it to say Falls and Injuries. Should be some nice little option (like in Crostabs) but if it's there, I'm totally not seeing it.

From what I remember it is a little tricky. First off you need to be in the Preview screen. Then you have to right click on the label and there is an option (I think it is called edit legend label). Then you can change it to what you want.

Thanks, that did it, and you're right about it being tricky. I had to try several times to get to work, but I learned the trick, you have to left-click before you right-click.

Unfortunately, that technique only works for the current version of the output. What I'm looking for is a more permanent solution, so the new legend labels will print every time anyone runs the report.

I normally avoid CR charts because I struggle to get them to do what I want, but I just did a quick test and kray4660's suggestion worked for me (also using CR11), and after exiting, re-opening and refreshing it had retained the amended text.

Are you sure you saved the changes? I feel bad even asking, but even the best of us can miss the obvious occasionally.

Cheers
Peter

I definitely saved, but even before that it wasn't carrying forward from one group to the next. I came up with a very low tech solution. Since there are only two items being graphed I deleted the legend and chnged the title to "Blue: Injuries Tan: Falls".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back