Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Caller I.D. heading

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaLink7

Vendor
Oct 28, 2009
CA
Its been a while since I have done any pbx programming and I am racking my head on trying to remeber how to change the Caller I.D. name of the phone system when a caller on the pbx calls out.the customer has a option 11 with a PRI .Any help would be much apreciated.

I know this is not the same but I have seen in companies that you can go into ld 95 add a name to the acod of the trunk.

ld 21
Prt RDB,
Route number

look for ACOD, what ever this number is use in LD 95.

eg,

LD 95
Req: New
DN: ACOD XXXX
Name: XYZ Company

This name will be displayed on all outbound calls for that route

The naming of ACODs is will be display on you own phone, if you place or receive an outside call. That does not change what called parties on the outside see though.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

Interesting! Reading through this thread has made me wonder: Seems like I get quite a few calls where CallerID shows something like 000-000-0000, or something equally bogus (even my own phone number!!!)

Needless to say I don't answer the calls - but curious - is that some kind of hack?

Interesting that I'd get a call from myself...wonder how I did that, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back