Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing button options in the BEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

matelot2

Technical User
Apr 29, 2015
GB
Change buttons on a bcm50
I would like to assign buttons on the T7316e and T7208 to ring DN’s.
I can do it with most buttons but button 9 on the T7316e is set to ‘line’ and I can’t see how to set it to internal autodial like most of the other buttons.
When I go to configuration/telephony/sets/all dns/capabilities and preferences
Click on the dn line for the phone I want to alter
then in the bottom box go to /button programming
Click on button 9
A modify box opens up but there is no pull down option to change ‘line’ to ‘internal autodial’ like there is with the buttons already on ‘internal autodial’
How can I change this so I can assign button 9 to ring another extension?
Can I assign them globally and if so, how?
Thanks,
Bob.

Hi Mat

Line keys are auto programmed to the top left group of button while Intercom keys are auto programmed to the lower right.
The difference is Line keys can be moved where Intercom keys cannot be moved, with exception to assigning a Handsfree key on any set(except the T7316e),the Handsfree key will auto program to the lower right side and bump the Intercom key/s upwards.
T7316e's have the newer dedicated Handsfree button at the far bottom middle along with Headset and Mute - Handsfree still needs to be programmed as Y (Yes)

You cannot change Lines or Intercom keys to anything, the exception would be since you can "move" a Line elsewhere you could then program that button to anything else.

You assign how many Intercom keys required in Capabilites&Preferences.

Examples:
If a small company has outside lines appearing on the phone then generally only 1 Intercom keys is required.
A large company that does not have lines appearing the phones will usually have 2 Intercom keys (sometime more if required) which will allow for conference, answering 2 calls etc.

If the set in question is a T7316e:
Check if you have 2 Intercom keys assigned, if so remove one.

If it's an M series phone and you have 1 Intercom only:
You would have to sacrifice the Handsfree button if the Internal Auto Dial is more important to you

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I am now away from the phones and will not be back till Sunday so I am writing this from memory.

If I press the appropriate number buttons with the handset still down, in my case if I want the signal box from the S&T office (the phone in the office is a T7316e), I press 202 and the ringing sound comes from the speaker, when someone answers I can talk to them without picking up the handset.
If a call comes in from somewhere on the site I can just press the bottom right button of the lower right 16 buttons and talk without picking up the handset.
To end the call in either case I press the orange button in the top left.

I think I can also answer a call by pressing the second button up from the bottom right but I have always used the bottom one.

When you say 'top left set of buttons' I have a set of eight 'programmable' buttons in the top right quarter of the phone, I have programmed them to call the first eight DN's I have allocated. I am not sure as I haven't tried it yet but I imagine I can now just press any one of them instead of the extension I need and talk to someone who answers without me picking the handset up.

I am trying to program the top left of the 16 buttons in the bottom right quarter of the phone, in the window of the phone someone previously has written a name and it looks like an internal name so I assume when it was connected to a BCM50 it used the button (button nine) as an internal autodial?

In the BEM I see 'line' where the top eight buttons showed 'internal autodial', I can pull down the right side of the box that contains 'internal autodial' and change it but there is no pull down option with the button nine?
Its this I want to change.
Button 10 shows 'internal autodial' and I can program that one to call a DN's in the same way as the top eight.
I hoipe this makes sense and will look at your information above when I go back to the club.
Thanks,

Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back