Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Background style of a form in Access 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muddman

MIS
May 22, 2001
US

In Access 97, you can build forms using the Form Wizard which offers a few background color schemes i.e. Clouds, Evergreen, International, ect.

My question is, does access allow you to add you own color schemes behind the forms, specifically a Logo. I would like to Tile my Companies Logo behind a form just to see how it would look, but have been unable to.

I have created a bitmap and placed it in the directory that I believe access is pulling these styles from, it does not offer my bitmap as an option when I go through the form wizard.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have created my own formats by...

Opening a new form.
Design the background, paste any images, etc.
Then select Fromat from the menu bar.
Select Autoformat.
Choose Customize.
Then Create A New Format.

Hope this is what you were talking about. ljprodev@yahoo.com
ProDev
MS Access Applications

Hi

You can go through the form wizard and select Standard or any picture scheme and create your form. Then go into Design View and you can specify for the form property details the location of the picture to use, whether it is tiled or centred etc. there.

Hope this helps,

Steve

With the form open in design view, open the properties box. You should find a picture property within the format tab. Type in the complete path to the location of your bitmap file. If this works, you may want to have the picture type property set to embedded ( I believe this saves the background with the form instead of linking to it whenever you open the form). Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back