Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Arcserve Database Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS300

MIS
Oct 29, 2003
CA
Is there a way to change the Arcserve Database type? I want to change it from their own format to SQL server, but I'm afraid the only option is to uninstall and reinstall the stupid program (which is the worst thing I've ever seen)

Thanks.

Thanks,

that somewhat worked.

Now when I try to back anything up, it keeps telling me "Unable to log into database engine

This normally occurs if you didn't stop and restart all of the ARCserve services (cstop/cstart) after the process was completed.

If you did and you are still experiencing problems paste in a few lines before, during, and after the error.

yes, I did all of that.

This is the exact error:

E4101 Unable to login to database engine (DATABASE = ARCSERVE, EC=5)

The SQL server is on a remote machine, and I am using the sa account credentials

EC=5 is a permission denied error, check that in addition to the SQL rights, that the ARCserve service account has sufficient Windows rights to connect to the remote machine.

you said you are using a remote database SQL.
Did you setup the odbc for asnt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back