Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing appointments in Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjee

Programmer
Jan 16, 2002
BE
Hi,

we are having problems with updating appointments. When we create an appointment in Outlook 2003, save it, close the appointment en open Webmail, the appointment is there. When we change the time of the appointment in Outlook, save it en connect to Webmail again, the appointment is still at the old time. It even gets worse... when we manually adjust the time of that appointment in Webmail and check Outlook, a new appointment is added next to the one which already exists.

Anybody an idea what the problem can be? We are running Exchange Server 2003 (SP1) on a Windows 2003 Server.

TIA,

Vjee
Component Developer

Something is wrong with your Free/Busy data. Do you only have the one Exchange server?

Steven Parent [MSFT]

Yes,

there is only one server.

Vjee
Component Developer

Actually I think I am mistaken.. This doesnt sound like a Free/Busy issue. Perhaps it has has something to do with CDO and you need an update.

Sorry but I do not think I will be able to help you with this one. If I run into something I will let you know. I will also ask around a bit when I can.

Good luck

Steven Parent [MSFT]

Back with some more information...
did some testing and I isolated the problem.

What I do is the following:
I wrote an Outlook COM Add-In in C#. This add-in captures all changes to appointments and displays a window where the user can add some additional information which is stored in some unused fields of the appointment. Then I call the .save method of the appointment.
This is where the problem occurs. Without the save, everything works fine... with the save, the synchronisation issue occurs.
However... when I uninstall the Add-In and re-install it, the previously created appointment works fine... even with the save!!! I can change the time, add some additional information thru the Add-In window and save it... but new appointments have the same problems until the moment I uninstall it and reinstall it.

Weird... anybody an idea where to look because this is driving me crazy.

Vjee
Component Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back