Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Announcement Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsaunde7

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2016
US
I'm doing some clean-up of system and I have announcements all over the place and want to put them all on a particular set of extension. I read that it was possible to use VAL manager to change the announcement extension without loosing the announcement.

1. Is it possible to change the announcements extensions, if so how?
2. If it's possible to change is there a simple way to replace the announcements I have in each vector without having to go into each one of them and change the announcements manually.

I am not going to tell you via Val manager cause I don't like it or use it much other than to permanently delete audio source.

But I can tell you to use FTP connection and management through there as I find it much easier to manage. Don't be so concern of the number as everything is based on name. So for example you want '56119 XyzMain' announcement to be changed, change the name @ 56119 to the new import .wav file name ABCMain and all your vectors will now play this new '56119 ABCMain'.wav file.

Hope this helps?

That makes perfect sense but we also need change the numbers as well with the new inventory and clean-up that we're doing

Use add announcement to create the new announcement number and point it to the existing wav.

So if you have announcement ext 20123 that plays XyzMain.wav, create new ext 10801 to play the same wav file.
NOTE, the board must be the same as the original Annc Ext as this is where the wav file exists.

e.g. add announcement 10801
Code:
  Extension: 10801                           COR: 1
  Annc Name: XyzMain                          TN: 1
  Annc Type: integrated                    Queue? y
Group/Board: 02A02
  Protected? n                              Rate: 64

Now you have 2 extensions that play the same wav.
You can go through the vectors and replace 20123 with 10801 at your leisure.

That sounds like a plan I will try. Is there a script that can be written or import/export that can be done to replace all of the announcements without having to go into each vector?

I don't know of a way to do a find/replace with a script.

You can easily find what vectors an announcement is used in though:
list usage extension 20123

Okay, so I tried to create a new announcement and copied the wave-file name for current announcement and get the message that announcement name already exist. Any clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back