Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing an Att key to external

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peva

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
GB
Hi,

A little stuck here ! As a company we are moving to a centralised operator service. As part of the roll out we need to divert our internal numbers 0 & 2000 to an external number on each switch. We have a network of 24 Mitel PBX's which I have completed and 1 little Opt 11 that I am struggling with.

So what I am trying to achieve is if a user on the Opt11 dials 0 or 2000 it goes to an external number. 0 and 2000 currently appear on the attendant console as seperate keys. I understand how to out the key on the att console in LD12 but I am lost from there.

We also have an external DDI number that appears on the console so i guess by reading other posts that this would be done on the IDC list but how ?

Thanks to all in advanced.
Peva

Peva..I would require further information to help you with this , are 0 and 2000 ldn's or att numbers both of which are programmed in the Customer Data Block.
Are you dispensing with the console all together and where do you want to send the calls too
Colin

Colin,

Thanks for the reply. This will be the first time that I have been to this site so I am unsure whether 0 & 2000 are ldn's (???) or att numbers. Unfortunately the person who looked after this switch was asked to leave the company and we don't have any documentation on how it is set up. I don't even have the dial up number, hence the reason for the site visit on Monday !

We use BT Featurenet for out internal network using level 7 dialling. The number the calls will go to will be 7304 8100.

Hope that helps.

Peva

Hello again
might i suggest that you get BT to make the changes for you
do you have the passwords ??
if you do not know how to check and reprog this switch...it may be better to call in BT,, or if there is a RACE modem attached to the switch they will dial in and make the changes for you..remotely...do you have a modem attched for remote dialling in ???

calls to the ATT are treated differently from normal calls so you will need to be careful with any programming...
post back if you need anymore help..

Colin

Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back