Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing ADP SQL Server Sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickj65

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
US
This is probably a simple question, but I haven't figured it out yet...

I've developed an ADP that is linked to a copy of the SQL database on our development server. I now want to deploy a copy of that ADP to a copy of our SQL database on our test SQL server. What is the easiest/best way to do this?

Obviously in the MDB world, I would just relink using the Linked Table Manager. I haven't figured out how to do something similar with an ADP yet.

Thanks,

Rick

Never tried this (but will need to soon).

Open the database window in Access. Then go 'file' - 'connection'. That gives you the option to select the server (item 1) & the database name (item 3) (Item 2 being a valid login).

Please let us know if it works (or what else does).

Richard

That's definitely how it's done. Thanks for the assistance.

another tip...

I usually use ado a lot and have connection strings floating about in the code, and what I do is to have a global constant hold a connection string, and all recordsets would look at this global constant, this way, when I need to change servers, there's only 1 point of reference to modify...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back