Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing ADODC Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkung

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
MY
Hi all,

I have an ADODC control, namely ADODCTest. I need to connect it to the Oracle database using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle. However, i would like to have the flexibility of changing the properties of ADODC - Server Name, User Name and Password using the input from a form. That means, there should be some codes that can overide the default values as entered for the ADODC control properties.

I tried to do the do the following in my Form1:
Public ServerName As String
Public UserName As String
Public Password As String
Public ConnStr As String

Private Sub cmdChange_Click()

ServerName = txtServerName.Text
UserName = txtUserName.Text
Password = txtPassword.Text

ConnStr = "Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password=" & Password & ";User ID=" & UserName & ";Data Source=" & ServerName & ";Persist Security Info=True"

With DBConn
.ConnectionString = ConnStr
.CursorLocation = adUseClient
.Open
End With

Load Form2
Form2.Show

Unload Form1

End Sub

In my Form2, i did the following :
Private Sub Form_Load()

AdodcTest.ConnectionString = ConStr
AdodcTest.UserName = UserName
AdodcTest.Password = Password

End Sub

When the application runs, it gives the following message :
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist.

This implies that the new ADODC Properties values are not overridden by the new input values from the form.

I tried to leave all the ADODC properties blank, but it gives me the following error whenever Form2 is loaded:
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver spesified.

Is there any example on how i can use the ADODC without being tied up to the control properties? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back