Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Admin Password with a USB Thumb Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakehouse

Technical User
May 17, 2004
US
Hi,
I am the IT Coordinator for a small junior high school with about 100 student laptops (1 to 1). All the laptops are same brand/model and Windows 7 Professional.
When the laptops were deployed, there were two user accounts set up, Admin and Student. Admin is password protected, Student is not. We have determined that the Admin password has be known to many students which we have seen some tinkering with settings that were protected by Admin rights.

- I am looking for a simple script that I can load and execute from a USB thumb drive as we don't have a server or Active Directory to manage this process more efficiently.
- I would also like to have this script inquire if the student has set Admin rights to the Student account and/or set a password.
- Going one step further, is it possible to write a script to load a Group Policy file via USB to standardize (lock down) the Student account desktop and personalization settings?
Thanks, Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back