Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing a report in Central Management Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenaG

Programmer
May 3, 2011
US
Hi,

I have put a report out on CMC but now I need to change it. I am working in Crystal 2011. I am also new to this environment. I don't see any options in CMC to allow me to do this. When I go through Crystal and try to access the Enterprise folder, I enter the correct system, user name and password and get a message that says:
Access denied. You cannot log on to an older version of the CMS.

All the other report developers are using 2008 and don't have this problem Is there some way to update a report or is my only option to delete the existing one and start over?

TIA!

~RLG

The Enterprise (or the CR Report Server) and Crystal Report client have to be the same version and SP. Thus the Enterprise (or CR Report Server) would have to updated, but then the other users would have to update their Crystal Report client software to 2011.

Thank you kray4660 for your reply. I don't think updating right now is an option. I have been able to add a 2011 report to CMC so that seems ok. Do you know of a way that once a report has been published that it can be updated? Or is that not possible and I just have to delete it and start over?

TIA!
~RLG

We have never added a report that was a newer version than the CMC. Not sure what happens there. The only 'version' change we have ever done is after the CMC (Enterprise) is on a newer version, we can and have modified the older reports that are still on the server and saved them back with the current version.

I hope this helps.

Good morning kray4660 ~

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I had to go work on another project.

That does help. It sounds like I either need to get an older version of Crystal installed on my laptop or just live with deleting reports off CMC and adding them back on when I have a modification to make. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Have a wonderful day!

~rlg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back