Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing a DN and TN on 2000 series phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTALLY

MIS
May 6, 2002
US
How do I change a DN from one to another using the same TN on a 2008 or 2616 phone? Plus I would like to know how to change to set a TN to a specific DN and out TN's? Can anyone help me out here? Also what is the command to copy a TN setup to another TN? I would appreciate any help possible.

Thank You,

PT

do you have NTPs? if so look at loads 10,11 and 20 if not post back and will see what we can do

What are NTP's? forgive I just took over the Telecom administration for my company because the last guy left. I am very new to all this. I am have figured out some stuff but still learning. Could you possibly tell me which LD to use and step by step actions to plug in?

Thank You,

PT

A little confused? You suggest wishing to put the 'same' DN on the same TN? Or are you wanting to change from a 2008 to a 2616 ?
You can use LD 20 for all your requirements on Rls 23.
NTP's are the manuals and can be viewed on the Nortel Networks web site.

1 . TO CHANGE A DN ON A 2616 <SP> = SPACE BAR

> LD 11

REQ: CHG
TYPE: 2616
TN: 4 0 0 0 (whatever the TN is)
ECHG: YES
ITEM: KEY(WHATEVER THE KEY IS) <SP> SCR <SP> (NEW DN NUMBER)
ITEM: <ENTER>

DONE

2. TO CHANGE A DN ON A 2008

SAME AS ABOVE BUT AT TYPE PUT 2008

3. TO CHANGE A TN FROM 2008 TO 2616

DON'T KNOW IF THIS CAN BE DONE WITHOUT TOTALLY REPROGRAMMING
THE SET. ANYONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.

***BEWARE CHANGING ANY ACD SET ON SYMPOSIUM****
NORTEL ISSUED PRESS RELEASE, I THINK THE DATE WAS AROUND OCT 2001 THAT CHANGES TO PHONES IN SYMPOSIUM SHOULD NOT BE MADE. YOU SHOULD DEACQUIRE THE PHONESET COMPLETELY AND OUT THE PHONE FROM THE PBX AND REBUILD. GIVE ME A DAY OR SO AND I CAN POST THAT PRESS RELEASE.

Thanks for the help john I am a total newbie to the telecomm biz. I am trying to learn all I can one step at a time. Doing adds moves and changes right now is where I am at. I am sure I will be posting big time all the time. Are you on here a lot?

Thank you,

PT

To copy the programming of one set to another, go to ld 20 and at the REQ prompt type cpy 1 and enter. You will be prompted for the copy from TN and for the copy to TN as well as a DN for the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back