Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing 1140e setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramblingrebel

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2010
CA
i have attached a picture of a phone i just dug out. I forget how i change this to a "normal" 1140e on a bcm50?
(i hope i attached the file correctly, its my first time doing so)
i think i tucked it away when i first got it as i didn't have time to deal with it, now i actually need it working
can anyone point me in the right direction?
i sort of think its a firmware change, or a phone reset/ default, but i tried the second one and it didn't work
rr

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=dc08d03a-ae84-4a6d-9c1f-ea6c4083725b&file=IMG_20180904_084639.jpg
You must mean convert SIP back to Unistim

You must first set up a TFTP server with an appropriate configuration file and firmware for your phone.

With the TFTP server up and running, invoke BootC Loader using the following steps:
1. Power off the phone
2. Press and hold the 2 button and the UP arrow button
3. Power up the phone (either through PoE or power adapter) while the buttons above are depressed
4. Keep the buttons depressed for about 7 seconds while the phone is booting
On 1100 series phones, release the buttons when the blue and red lights go off
On 1200 series phones, release the buttons when "Loading BootC" is displayed
4. After releasing the buttons, the phone will display "Manual configuration". Press the four soft keys from left to right to configure the phone to download firmware from your TFTP server.

Also this way by Joe

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

thats IT
i thought it vaguely looked like a SIP login
is there a file name you can recommend (i think i have a few here i've used in the past if i can find them)
or a repository to download them from?

thanks again!
rr

thanks firebird, looks great. Going to print it off and keep in my files and TRY not to lose it :)

rr

A couple of things to also think about:

-Make sure you go to Avaya Downloads and get the latest firmware(as of August 2018): 0625C96.bin for the 1140e.

-When the phone has SIP firmware, it will seek the config file: 1140eSIP.cfg

make sure the [FW] section of 1140eSIP.cfg matches the firmware you downloaded:

[FW]
DOWNLOAD_MODE FORCED
VERSION 0625C96
PROTOCOL TFTP
FILENAME 0625C96.bin

For telephone archeologists: If you want it to boot up with a Nortel Logo, then use firmware 0625C7J.bin

Cheers!

Verulam Telephone:
Communicating is our Pleasure!

Serving Eastern Ontario

Just google the procedure.....there are hundreds of videos and instructions on how to upload new firmware.

Thanks folks
I sometimes need a refresher
I found my tftp server and the directory i had all my cfg files in
(so i must have done this before)
i even see where the 1140e is looking to the tftp server for the 1140esip.cfg file in the logs
rr
(ps cndr99 - a neat trick would be to get it to boot up with my Northern Telecom/ Nortel Employee badge as a logo - i still have it/ them hahaha )

Really?

Verulam Telephone:
Communicating is our Pleasure!

Serving Eastern Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back