Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing /0 in PowerPlay Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

canhe

Programmer
Oct 4, 2002
IE
Hello,

I was wondering has anyone got a solution to replacing /0 (divide by zero error) in a cube with 0. I have some calculations that are completed with a "Calculate Measure" in transformer and in cases gives me some results like /0. It is not possible to complete these calculations in the reports (IQD) as the values come from different reports. I tried using a macro but my only success was to make the values that occur with /0 turn to blank. This is not ideal. I would prefer /0 turned to 0. Anyone got this problem as well or any solutions to it? Any help would be appreciated

you may be able to build a conditional format in your report to work around this problem.

Hello Semby,

I do not fully understand your response. I use a calculate measure e.g a/b
a comes from report1
b comes from report2

What type of conditional format do you suggest?

Thanks

from the powerplay client, select help, search on "conditional, formatting" from the help index. It will show you how to set up a conditional format.

I'm not sure if you're going to be able to suppress just the /0's it may also suppress 0's as well.

conditinal format is not the answer. with conditional format you can changes the style of a value in your report if the condition is met.

The /0 can NOT be changed in the powerplay application but must be changed in the cube, with transformer.

Hello
I was looking at conditional format and it does not work. The problem is my measure that gives me /0 is a calculate measure and the values that make up this calculate measure are in two different reports. It is not possible to concat both reports into one. So I am stuck with this problem!!

Canhe

If it's any consolation I have come across this problem many times myself over the last few years and unfortunately if you are doing your calculation in transformer there is no work around available despite this being posted on many cognos forums.

Chin up old chap !! Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back