Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changes to static IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

rscotty

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2002
US
I am running Windows 2003 server and have multiple XP Pro clients (10 computers) connecting to the server. All computers have static IPs. Because of one of the programs that runs, I have to have mapped drives on each client to access data on the server. Several of the client computers slow to a crawl until I change the IP of the client, then it speeds back up for a day. THe ARP table on the server and each client looks OK. I am at a loss as to what could be happening. I have 3 Linksys network switches that are part of the network as well. Could they be the problem?
Thank you!

I would make sure that maybe the ports on the switches are setup to auto sense connection speed as well as the nics on the xp boxes. its a start.

Or hardcode the switch ports for 100mb full duplex and set each nic card on each machine with the same speed. Gig is preferred if your network is capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back