Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changes to .htm file not displayed through web server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcaulder

Programmer
Apr 22, 2002
US
Is there some setting that will prevent changes made to a .htm file from being reflected when viewing through a browser?

I've made changes to the file but they are never reflected when accessing the webpage. The website is started by running a .dll file which then(I think) calls the login page. Once the login information is entered and verified, a file called redirect.htm is called which basically redirects to a new page.

I need to modify the redirect.htm file but just to get started and make sure my changes would display on the web, I changed the title of the main page. However, the changed title never displays.

Since this appears to be controlled by a .dll file, do I have to restart the server to get changes to be recognized, perhaps forcing a dump of the cache. This is a vendor supplied website that I am trying to tweak to pass login information to our portal so they, in effect, only have to login in once to both systems.

Once again, the application I'm modifying appear to be kicked off by a .dll file which then calls .htm files and then on to .asp files for the NFuse part.

Any help would be most appreciated. I'm used to using Apache and PHP and haven't seen behavior such as this. It's a little confusing right now.

Thanks!

Stopping and starting the service should do the job. Make sure you're getting a fresh copy by pressing Control and clicking refresh.

If none of this works, I'd start to wonder if you're editing the wrong file. After you've eliminated that possibility, investigate/(temporarily) eliminate the .dll call.

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back