Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changes on call manager not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickrude11

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2007
NZ
Hello voice experts.

I have a publisher and subscriber and 80+ 7941 phones setup that has been working flawlessly for the past 6 months. Now it seems that when I make any change to the publisher, it doesn't reflect to the phones. I logged into the subscriber and verified that the settings were there too. - that's the only way I know how to verify replication :|

e.g. Forwarding my extension - it works when I forward it from the handset, but not from the server.

e.g. I created a hunt group, which doesn't work either. It says the status is 'unknown' whereas all the others say 'registered to x.x.x.x'

I am new to CCUM and would really appreciate any help.

I have planned to reboot both servers on Saturday. Also, I have verified licensing via license usage report.

cheers

ahh it might help to know the version yea?

System version: 6.1.1.2000-3

u are probably running into a db replication issue between the publisher and the subscriber(s).
Look into RTMT tool and check your replication status.
Rebooting will probably fix it but if you are running into a known bug it will return sooner than later

OK I just checked RTMT under Database summary it says 392 replicates created for bot nodes, and replication status is 2 for both nodes. Is this enough to verify replication is ok? Sorry I am fairly new to CUCM.

cheers.

That is correct, your db seems to be fine.
Do this, manually register your phone to the publisher instead of the subscriber and try the forwarding test again.
Try the same for your hunt group.
If they both work then your db replication is out of whack somehow.
LEt us know.

whykap, how do you manually register a hunt list?

By creating a cucm group that only includes the call manager you want it to register with (pub in this case), then apply that to the HL.

cheers. you are on the money. my phone and hunt groups registered successfully and i was able to forward my number through the server.

I will try rebooting the subscriber on Saturday, or if I grow some balls I will do it this afternoon.

whykap, thanks for your help. all is well again, i restarted the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back