Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changes due to larger screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

sggaunt

Programmer
Jul 4, 2001
GB
I am fairly new to this so I hope someone can help with what is probably a fairy simple question.

Our company website was designed by a third party when the maximum size of screens was say 19" CRT at 1024 * 768.
The site was fine and apart from changing some fonts and colours I haven't had to do much to it.
We started getting reports that parts of the pages were out of place on larger screens.
Seems to be due to a container object, I tried moving and resizing in layout view but the problem persists.

Steve: N.M.N.F.
If something is popular, it must be wrong: Mark Twain

Hard to see what the intended layout is. Can you post a link to a jpg of the desired layout? You probably need to get rid of the huge mess of nested tables and absolute positioning, and use standard divs instead. It should be fairly straightforward when we know what you want to achieve.

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

Thanks for the reply John, not seen you in TTUK for a while!

The site was produced by some people (students) at the local uni on the pretext that it would be much better than our existing effort.
The colours were very poor, I changed that, and added the graduated banner, but I always suspected that the underlying structure might not be up to par.

Just moving one bit of a page slightly throws everything out of place, I was sure that there must be a better way of doing it.

Unfortunately its a steep learning curve for me to be able to fix it, more than the 4 or so hours I had today, and for now it will have to wait till after the Christmas holidays.

Steve: N.M.N.F.
If something is popular, it must be wrong: Mark Twain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back