Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changes do not take effect after modify a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mschuma

Programmer
May 4, 2005
DE
Crystal Report 8.5
Crystal Enterprise 8
----------------------

Hi,

i published over the Crystal Management Console (CMC) --> add a "new report" in Objectstab. everything works fine.
now i have to modify the report (make some layout changes), but the changes do not take effect.

how can i "update" the report, i dont want to delete the report from CMC and "readd" it.

can anyone help?

Open the crystal reports client and save the new version on top of the existing version. You do this by saving the report as "save as" to Enterprise folder and then navigate to your specific folder.

Thanks

Srinath
srinath_p (at) yahoo.com

Hi,
After doing that , be sure to check the saved database information in the CMC..The password is most likely now blank..Also if you had a description entered, it may be blank now as well, unless it was int he File..Summary Info..Comments section. ( In CE 10 ( and maybe 9) you can configure CMC's refresh options [ on the 'Properties; tab for the report] to not do that)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Also, if you had any old recurring instances in your HISTORY (eg. Every Friday at 7:00 PM) - you should delete and recreate them.

CE stores some items like FILTER within the recurring instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back