Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changer Inventory Report Shows Tape As Full (3) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

torri

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2000
US
When printing the changer inventory report, I noticed that a tape has a (3) assigned to it under the FULL heading. The tape is still in the scratch media section and has not been used. I even have performed a full erase on that tape, but the backup jobs will not go to that tape. Does any one know why the (3) was assigned and how I can get rid of it?????????

The "Full" field gathers information from the Backup Exec Advanced Device and Media Management (ADAMM) database regarding the
"Append" status of the media in the storage device (especially for two sided media). The values for the "Full" field are:

0 = There is space to append to both sides of the media, no end of media marks on either side
1 = There is space to append to side two of the media, but no space to append on side 1 of the media
2 = There no space to append to either side of the media. There is an end of media mark on both sides
3 = Special State - Backup Exec has forced the media to be read with end of media marks on both sides. The media may not
be appended to on either side because:
A. The media is "Imported Media"
B. A prior write error to the media - Write errors can include, but are not limited to, bad media, SCSI bus resets, an
unexpected end of backup that was caused by a power outage, Dr. Watson or possibly bad hardware.

Note: Erasing the media or performing an overwrite backup job will reset the value of the media to "0".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back