Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changed the name of the computer housing exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendi

MIS
Sep 5, 2003
MY
I know I did the wrong thing...after I already did it. We have Exchange 5.5 on WinNT, I could not get it on the domain after it was restored from a back up after it crashed. I decided to change it's name (it works on workstations) to get it back on the network, but I wasn't thinking. Now of course, I can't see the database, but what I want is the name changed back and I can't so easily do that. I need suggestions and help. Thanks, Wendi

Wendi,

Can you give us a little more info? Are you getting an error?

Off the top of my head, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to change the name.

Give us a few more details, and let's see what we come up with.

ebr

maybe try the restore again and before you add it to the domain, go to the PDC->server manager and remove that PC from the domain list (file->remove from domain). i too sometimes rename a workstation rather than remove it, but try that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back