Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changed Permissions, now the mailbox store is missing!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2003
US
Dumb move...

I unchecked the Allow inheritable permissions box in Exchange Manager under both the servername and the mailbox store itself...

Now in Exchange Manger my mailbox store is no longer listed, public folders are there, but that is it.

Here's the kicker, I can still access the mailboxes through OWA, so they are still there. I just cannot see it in Exchange Manager. When I go to AD, Users, User Properties, Exchange Advanced Tab, Mailbox Rights, it tells me that the Object Cannot Be found. When I tried to re-install Exchange it tells me that there are active mailboxes and that I either need to move or delete them. I cannot do either because I cannot locate my mailbox store.

I really need some help on this, and I also need a kick in the head for changing permissions in the first place.

I re-checked the inheritable permissions on the servername. No change. I cannot re-check it on the mailbox store because it is still not listed.

I went into adsiedit and drilled down to both public and mailbox stores. I can get to the properties of the public folder, but when I try and get to the properties of mailbox store it tells me..
"An invalid directory pathname was passed."

One thing that sticks out is that on the right panel of the screen in adsiedit where it lists both the public folder and mailbox store is that in the class column there is nothing listed for the mailbox store. The public folder class column has msexchpublicmdb listed.

Not sure what has been disconnected and where to re-connect...

I think you can go to ESM and use either organisation or site to add in the delegate control for either Exchange Admin or another Admin account. If you use another Admin account, log in as that then add in Exchange Admin.

Should work.

Alright, I delegated control to another user account, logged in as that user and I CAN see my mailbox store. Thank You!!!

I tried taking administrator out of the delegate permissions and then adding it back, but I still cannot see it logged in as administrator.

Do you know how I can get the Administrator account setup to see it again????

I'm having the exact same problem, however when I delegate control to another Admin user and log in as that user, I still cannot see my mailbox store. Any other ideas?

Stacey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back