Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changed fcarriers and now have an issue with Caller I.D

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbn466

Technical User
Oct 11, 2007
US
We just recently switched over from to a MPLS network and have a PRI on our option 11.

We have a site in Ft. Worth that when they dial any Dallas numbers they are routed over a PRI Tie Line to Dallas to save them the cost in Long Distance and Vice Versa for the Dallas site.

Problem is since we switched over the two site's to the new PRI's, The provider is telling us that the calls from Ft. Worth are being blocked because of there caller i.d.

They have since re-configured there routers to allow the call to be made, but the caller i.d that is being pushed when the call is originating from Ft. worth to a Dallas number you get the main number of their Dallas office.

Is there any quick fix in programming that someone can suggest to me.

I have a heard a few things from some friends but the ideas all seem to far fetched and time consumming.

That all depends on the regulations of that state as to if you can do what you are wanting at all.

For instance, here in Tennessee you can not send out a number that is not part of your PRI. If you do the CO will block it and send the main billing number instead.

FedEx can not send 1-800-GO-FedEx for CLID on local PRI's because it does not ride that pipe.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back