Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Web Permissions from Same As Parent to Unique

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidArchibald

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2000
NZ
We have a development region and a production server outside the firewall. Both servers use Win2000/IIS5 and we use FrontPage to manage these particular sites.

Because of the size of the site, we have sub-sites as webs within the parent.

Problem: on the production server, I can't change the permissions of a sub-web from same as parent to unique. (I'm assuming this was because the dev site had same as parent and this was published to the production site).

The error mesage I get is: Server Error: The user or group, xxx, is unknown.

We do not run FP on the server so access it from behind the firewall.

I can change the permissions on the dev site, but not on the prod site and I would like to do so without deleting the current site and starting over again :)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions ...

Has any of the FP server extensions functionality been limited on the production site? Permissions configurations do no transfer during a publish, so that isn't something that would have been affected by what you had set up on the dev site. Any permissions changes have to be made on the server directly.

Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back