Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change WAN Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezle

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2002
US
Hello,
Hoping I can verify the commands with some config experts:

If I want to adjust the WAN protocol on a Cisco 1720 from frame relay to PPP would it look like this???

#conf t
#iface serial0
#no frame-relay lmi-type ansi
#no frame-relay interface-dlci
#no frame-relay
#encapsulation ppp

Am I missing anything?

I think that if you just use the "encapsulation ppp" it will automatically remove the other config options because they are only used for Frame-Relay connections. So, I would try just using the "encap ppp" command and then take a look at the running config to see if the others went away.

Burke

Okay - that's easy enough. Just because nothings ever that simple I wasn't goling to try it but if you have had success with it...I'll give it a try.

Just a couple of pointers - if this is a working router with live users on it, cover yourself by making sure that you've saved the current config to NVRAM, and (if possible) make the changes when nobody is using it. Although with the last one, you're probably gonna be restricted by your Telco and when they are willing to change the circuit from Frame-relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back