Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Virtual Directory to Application type

Status
Not open for further replies.

clmp

Programmer
Apr 17, 2002
US
We recently installed a new Windows 2003 Small Business Server. Someone else actually did the install and I realized that our internal web applications were not getting the Session variable information they needed so I patched up the asp code enough to get by.

I compared the old system to the new system and previously the folder where the website asp code is located was set as an "Application" type folder within IIS. I changed this on the 2003 system and none of the pages display now. I get error 500.

Oddly enough "I" can see the pages and all works fine for me but no one else can. I thought this would be a simple permissions problem so I set Authenticated Users to have the same permissions as I did but no one can get to the pages.

I tested a plain HTML page and the users can see that fine. The page I am trying to display for testing purposes is a very plain asp page - no calls to SQL or anything fancy. Nothing. I am really stumped.

What am I missing? Something has to be set differently somewhere besides the permissions. I am really stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back