Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change video card output

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingCrater

Programmer
Jun 29, 2001
US
To Forum Members,

This problem has been plauging me for a few weeks now. It is increasingly frustrating and I'm looking to see if anyone knows anything or can direct me to something that may help.

The problem I am having pertains to a video card that has several output formats. DVI, VGA and S-Video. What I need to do is programmatically control which output port the dignal comes out. For example, at one point the VGA port needs to be on while both the DVI and S-Video ports are off. Therefore the signal only comes out the VGA port. Then later, I need to change the port so that the DVI is on while VGA and S-video are off. I am having difficulty figuring out how to programmatically change the output port. I basically need to automate the process that is usually done by going through the Control Panel.

The system is a Windows 2000 system. The video card is based on the GeForce2 MX chip and is assembled by Visiontek. I can write this in either C++ or VB so if anyone has an idea that can be implemented in either, I'm open to suggestions. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

-crater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back