Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change User group on local Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zercon

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
TH
Hi all;
Have you any idea to change user group from Administrator to user on Local Computer.
(My Local computer join Domain(AD)windows 2000 server,I would like restrict user can not install program on they computer)

Thanks.

You cannot adjust the default groups: administrators, power users, users...

You can edit the membership of those groups and you can enforce them with group policy. Create a policy that applies to the computer's container. Edit the computer section of group policy. Under the restricted groups, define the membership of the administrator's group to contain domain administrators (and a help desk group if you desire). Define the user's group to contain domain users.

The group policy will override the memberships on the local client computers for these groups. Unless the user belongs to the domain administrator's group (or help desk group), they will not belong to the local administrator's group.

Start, Help. You'll be surprised what's there. A+/MCP/MCSE/MCDBA

Hi Seaspray0,

Thanks your Idea But Can not Change Account Type On Local Computer.(I have define Account user to Administrator Group on They Conputer Next My Boss Want to User Account type on Local Computer Changes from Administrator Group to User Group .I would not like to setting at clients)

Thank .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back