Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change user account GUID

Status
Not open for further replies.

37grove

MIS
Jun 29, 2002
US
Hello,

Does anyone know how to go about making a sql query field editable? I want to change the active directory GUID for a user account in CRM.

I ran the following SQL query query statement

SELECT SystemUserID, DeletionStateCode, TerritoryID, OrganizationID, BusinessUnitId, ParentSystemUserId, FirstName, MiddleName, LastName,
FullName, Title, InternalEMailAddress, JobTitle, DomainName, PassportLo, CreatedOn, PassportHi, GovernmentId, VersionNumber, ActiveDirectoryGuid, SetupUser
FROM SystemUserBase
WHERE (FirstName LIKE '%micheal%') AND (DomainName LIKE '%corp%')

Thanks,
Gary

Why are you trying to do this?

John O'Donnell, Microsoft CRM MVP, MCSE, MCSA
MBS Certified Master–Applications for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
MBS Certified Master–Installation & Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Crowe Chizek and Company LLC
Web:Blog:

John,

When we migrated the CRM to a different server the first time we had this one user who is unable to logon to it. We used one of our support incidents with Microsoft and thats what the CRM support person did via WebEX.

After it was working we had to reimport the database and it broke this users account again. We tried to get microsoft the help us with the issue again under the same incident but they consider it close and want us to use a new incident to get it resolved.

From what i remembered the way the CRM tech got the account to work was updating the CRM account GUID to match the user GUID in active directory. I have the two different GUID from when he did some copying and pasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back