Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Unity Exchange Alias

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlJVT

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2007
US
I'm running a Unity 4.0(5) server for our voice mail system and we haven't gone to unified messaging yet. Is there any way to change the Exchange alias? The problem I'm having is people will come and go from the current job and just change the greeting on the mailbox. So in Unity the name and the Exchange alias are wrong. I can change the name to agree with the user but not the alias. So when we do go to unified messaging this will be a problem. Any ideas?

I don't know of anyway to change the Alias without removing the Mailbox and rebuilding it as a new Mailbox. You can then use ExMerge to move the messages to the new Mailbox.

Thanks! We haven't started using Unified Messaging yet so I'll start playing with this now.

Another quick question. We're supposed to migrate to Exchange sometime in the next two months. The powers that be have settled on an externally hosted solution. How will this impact the upcoming move to Unified Messaging?

There are specific updates that need to be applied to the Exchange server for UM. If the external hosting people allow the changes, I guess it would work, depending on Bandwidth and Connectivity between Unity and the Exchange message store..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back