Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change two tables from entry in another table

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisbet

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
GB
I'm a student on work placement and I'm having a few problems with Access.
I need to decrement the fields in two tables by the amount entered into another table.
The tables are Stock and Batches. Stock is for batches previously made and held in stock and batches is for batches being made that day. They both have fields for a unique batch number and an amount and the batch number is only present in one of the tables at any one time.
I have a table for orders being placed to be linked to batches being sent out. This table is called orderLink and has fields for the batch number of the product and the amount being ordered.
Can I run a query to subtract the amount entered into the orderLink table from eiother the stock or batches table depending on where the batch number is present.
Please help because I don't know if this is possible and if it is where to start.
Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back