Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change twinning number for other user 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steiner Daniel

Technical User
Jun 8, 2020
IT
Hi,

I have the following scenario:
A customer has a weekend service, which is managed by different employees.
In the IPOffice I have a user whose twinning number is changed depending on the employee on duty. This user has no login.

Until now i did it by using VMPro and shortcodes. But i had to turn off the application server because of a hardware failure.
Now the client doesn't wont to buy a new server/pc only for VMPro (it was the last running thing on this machine).

Is there any possibility to set the twinning number for different user by shortcodes in the IPOffice directly?

Daniel

The short code Set Mobile Twinning Number exists but can only be used by the user whose number is being set. So they would have to login.

Someone with SoftConsole access can change the forward and twinning settings of other users. Otherwise, its Voicemail Pro or full configuration access.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thanks for the answer :)

Unfortunately the customer wants to have it as easy as possible. He is not willing to enter more then one shortcode for changing the number...

Daniel

Are they using the same phone? Or everyone has his own?

They have all there own mobile phones, without IX Workplace.
The redirection to the service number is done by a time profile to a "special user" where the twinning is set. They have no phone in office.
Only the boss and the office worker have an IX Workplace on their PCs, no physical phones.

Daniel

Give the "Special User" a login code under Telephony > Supervisor Settings

Make a shortcode *#{ext num} / Ext Login / {ext num}*{login code}

Put a Twinning button and an Ext. Logout button on the Special User

From ANY phone, dial *#{Ext No} of the Special User. Your phone is now logged in as the Special User, press the Twinning button and edit the telephone number, Save, then press Logout and the phone is back to normal

Just as a thought if this rotation is a set schedule. Use time profiles to switch the ICR to different users based on time and date.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

@TouchToneTommy: Sounds good, i will try and let you know :)

@derflo: No applicationserver, no OneX Portal

@budbyrd: Unfortunately there is no fixed schedule

Thanks for the answers
Daniel

@TouchToneTommy: On physical phones (1616, J1xx, ...) it works perfectly, but on IX Workplace i get an error (i think, i can't just switch the user there)

If you have a spare DDI number you can set the twinning number remotely true FNE (31). The only condition is that the active employee who has service calls with his mobile at the end of his shift and set the new number for the next exployee that has service. You can create different shortcodes to set the mobile twinning numbers.

I installed now IX Workplace on another PC and logged in as the service user.
This one will only be used for changing the twinning number and will be accessed via Teamviewer.

Thanks to all for the great support :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back