Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change to Visual C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

balajee

Programmer
Jun 29, 2000
NZ
Hi

I have developed a Grid Plot application. I am reading a binary file which basically has many 2D,3D arrays and few data values. On the form I have a picture box control and an image control within this picture box. I am plotting the values in an array using line method for picture box control. Minimum and maximum value in an array is found and A color scale is plotted using the line method of the Form. Each value in an array is assigned a color while ploting it on the picture box. The image control properties are adjusted to accomodate the plot. Then I have rotuines for left click and right click of image control to zoom in/out the plot.

My problem is when the array sizes are big, it takes a while to plot and zooming the plot.

Would it be faster, if I convert the application to VC++ 6.0? or is there any way to make it faster in VB6.0 only.

Thanks,

>Would it be faster, if I convert the application to VC++ 6.0?
It could be - but again may be not
(Ok, that's not helphul, I know). BUT consider this - you'll sure spent lots of time on it...

As about "could it be made faster in VB6":
probably it could.

This text
Advanced Speed Optimization Techniques for QB

could give you some ideas.

I haven't seen your code, so I shouldn't give any advice...
But probably you can first check what part of array you need & then plot only that part. (did you do that?)/ Another thing is to remember screen resolution limits. So it is pointless to draw 1000000 points on 800x600 screen.
Of cource you know that ;-)
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back