Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Time Zone on Netware 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptKirk

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2002
US
Hi,
I need to change from "Indiana East" (EST5) time zone to the "Eastern Daylight Time" zone. We are going on daylight savings time for the first time in many years.
Since time zone setting is done at installation of a server there does not seem to be any help for those who must change it "down the road". I really searched.
Can someone out there in the "Eastern Daylight Time" zone that changes time in April and Oct. please check your Netware 6.5 server and tell me what it says when you type "time" at the server console.

The 4 items I need are:

Time zone string: ______________
DST status: ____________________
DST start: _____________________
DST end: _______________________

If I need to do anything else besides make changes in monitor/server paramaters/time option and the autoexec.ncf please advise as well.

Thanks much,
CaptKirk

string: EST5EDT
Status: (You don't set this.. That just tells you if you're in Daylight savings time or not, and it calculates it based on the other parameters)
start: (april sunday first 2:00:00 am)
end: (october Sunday Last 2:00:00 am)

Also... Daylight Savings Time Offset: +1:00:00

The EST5 means -- Eastern Standard Time which is 5 hours past Greenwhich mean time. the EDT indicates that you do have Daylight Savings Time so it needs to take this into account, and the Offset tells it how much to change it during DST.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Anothing thing.. It will probably work even better if you are synchronizing to an outside Time Source.. I dont' remember if you were already doing that or not, but if you just syncing to your hardware clock, i wouldn't count on it working.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Thanks Marv, you were exactly right. The string: EST5EDT is exactly what I needed to do. The servers changed time right on schedule. Did not need to do the outside Time Source, but that is a great idea to do soon.

Thanks again for your help,

CaptKirk
Warp Speed to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back