Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change the time that AA starts at Night for Partner Messaging. Hunt Group Time Schedule??

Status
Not open for further replies.

telemarksman

Vendor
Dec 19, 2007
US
Change the time that AA starts at Night for Partner Messaging Hunt Group Time Schedule??

Customer has Partner system.. My notes say Partner Messaging.
I know he has sub menus. I need to change the Hunt group time schedule, I think.
I know VM has outcalling abilities if this helps.

I do not see anything in my Partner Mail or Partner Mail VS cheat sheets.
Can someone please explain for all types of Partner Voice mails how to go in and change auto attendant start and stop times?

Thank you.

alwayslearning

Weekly Business Schedule - controls if the Day or Night AA plays when it answers. Go to the AA and select option 5. DO NOT use the option "Follow BOTH the switch and the weekly business schedule" as it will go in and out of night mode at random times. Stick to either Switch Mode or Weekly Business Schedule

The Night Service button on ext 10 can control if the AA answers (Day Only, Night Only, Always), how many rings before the AA answers (Day Rings, Night Rings), and which message plays (Follow Switch Mode)

I know there is a night transfer button at Ext. 10, but if the phone goes into AA at say 5:00 P.M. and the customer now stays open until 6:00 P.M. can the customer just toggle it off again? As in Daily?
Or is there a section where I can program the new start time for 6:00 P.M. ? etc.?
Thanks TTT

alwayslearning

There is nothing that will make the PHONES go in and out of Night Service on a schedule. You have to use the Night Service button to toggle that.

The Weekly Business Schedule controls which MENU plays when the call gets there. It doesn't control the number of rings before getting there.

Let's say you program the phone system with #506-Day set to 5 rings, and #506-Night set to 2 rings. You set the Weekly Business Schedule to 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.

With the Partner Messaging set to Follow Switch Mode, the Day message plays after 5 rings when the Night Service button is OFF, and the Night message plays after 2 rings when the Night Service button is ON.

With the Partner Messaging set to Follow Weekly Business Schedule, the Day message answers M-F between 8 and 5, and it answers on 5 rings when the Night Service button is OFF, 2 rings when the Night Service button is ON. It answers with the Night message after 5pm, before 8am, and all day Saturday and Sunday, after 5 rings when the Night Service button is OFF, and after 2 rings when the Night Service button is ON.

If the Day Message includes "We're open from 8am to 5pm M-F. If you're getting this message during those hours, we're assisting other customers", you can hit the Night Service button during the day if it's too busy to answer the phones or you're having a company meeting, and you only affect the number of rings before the AA answers, not which message answers.

So, TTT if I understand correctly the weekly business schedule is permanently set at 8 am - 5 pm.

alwayslearning

Who said that? Log into the system, go to the automated attendant, and select option 5 for the scheduleh

If you have Partner Messaging, you logged in with 0#, Password-#, 9 for programming, 3 for auto attendant, 1 to 4 for the auto attendant number, then option 5 is schedule.

If you have Partner VOICE Messaging, it's an entirely different animal, and doesn't offer many features.

TTT I figured it out eventually but not sure how I ended up getting in there.
thanks for the explanatios and your time spent for all of your posts.

alwayslearning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back